[rhelv6-list] Java version

Robin Price II rprice at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 15:44:09 UTC 2011

Mr. Savage,

I wouldn't mind putting another version from another repo onto my
development box.  I personally have not done any Android development on
RHEL6 but I do believe there are some of my co-workers here who have on
Fedora.

Also, fwiw, these are the Java versions I see we provide off RHN besides
IceTea:

java-1.6.0-ibm.x86_64
java-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64

For your convenience, I did a 'yum list' with all of my repos, and
posted them here:

http://people.redhat.com/rprice/yum-list-rhel62.txt

This includes the following repos (third parties are enabled=0) from my
personal laptop:

[rprice at x200 ~]$ ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
adobe-linux-x86_64.repo  mirrors-rpmforge-extras
atrpms.repo              mirrors-rpmforge-testing
brew.repo                redhat.repo
elrepo.repo              rhel-source.repo
epel.repo                rhel-src.repo
epel-testing.repo        rpmforge.repo
google64.repo            rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
google-chrome.repo       rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo
google-talkplugin.repo   rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo
mirrors-rpmforge         rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.repo

Hopefully this can help you 'grep' what you might need to assist your
development environment in seeing if the packages you need are there.

Sorry this doesn't directly answer you question, but I wish you luck in
your development project!  Sounds cool.  :)

~rp