[rhelv6-list] Problems resizing tmpfs under RHEL6

John Haxby john.haxby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:56:46 UTC 2011

On 23 February 2011 10:47, carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my opinion it is a bug, because under RHEL5.x works perfectly.

/dev/shm is mounted in the initramfs (/boot/initramfs...).

The bug is in dracut -- either it should copy /etc/fstab into the initramfs
(easy) or it should extract the mount options (harder).  Either way to make
it stick you can run "dracut -f" to make the change stick after a reboot.

Although I haven't tried this, you can probably make it work by patching up
your initamfs.   The file /boot/initramfs-`uname -r`.img is a gzipped cpio
archive so you should be able to unwrap it, pop /etc/fstab in its etc
directory and wrap it up again.   Of course, you need to be careful because
it's easy to wind up with an unbootable system if (or when) you get it
wrong.

jch