[rhelv6-list] Renaming scsi disks with udev rules on RHEL6

Jean-Yves LENHOF jean-yves at lenhof.eu.org
Mon Feb 7 12:44:26 UTC 2011

Le Lun 7 février 2011 13:26, carlopmart a écrit :
> On 02/07/2011 01:02 PM, Jean-Yves LENHOF wrote:
>> Le Lun 7 février 2011 10:42, carlopmart a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>>    My question is: how can I assign static device names with udev rules
>>> using by-path
>>> or ID_PATH strings??
>>>
>>>    I need to create lvm volumes with these disks.
>>
>> If you'll be using using LVM, why do you want a specific name for your
>> disk ? What is the point ?
>>
>> regards,
>>

> I have configured 4 disks:
>
>   - sdb: adapter 1, lun 0
>   - sdc: adapter 1, lun 1
>   - sdd: adapter 2, lun 0
>   - sde: adapter 3, lun 0
>
>   If I need to add another virtual harddisk on adapter 1 with lun 2, all
> disks names
> after sdc will change. I need to avoid that.

And ?

There must be a specific command to see the mapping between the LUN and
discs if you want this information at a specific moment.

But for me, but disk name can be changed and lvm will find all your
logical volume without a hitch during the vgchange command at boot time...
All the needed information are stored in the private part of the lvm
partition of the disk.

Regards,