[rhelv6-list] Question to /var/run/nm-dhclient-eth0.conf

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Fri Jan 14 18:16:17 UTC 2011

I believe that setting is used only to ID the DHCP client with the DHCP server, which has nothing at all to do with nslookup (which is for querying DNS).

In order for nslookup to work, your DHCP server(s) need to be configured for DNS auto-updates, and your DNS server(s) need to be configured to allow auto-updates from the DHCP servers.

Kevin