[rhelv6-list] new kernel is installed but grub was not updated properly

Jussi Silvennoinen jussi_rhel6 at silvennoinen.net
Tue Jan 4 18:23:49 UTC 2011

> Hello
>
> When I run yum -y update, the new kernel packages is downloaded and installed but grub.conf was not changed.
> I receive this error:
>
> Installing     : kernel-2.6.32-71.7.1.el6.i686                         47/104
> grubby fatal error: unable to find a suitable template

Is this rhnreg_ks during kickstart instead on yum -y update afterwards?
In my case, I noticed Anaconda or whatever sets up /etc/mtab during
install in such a manner that grubby is confused.

So I "egrep '(\/sysimage |\/sysimage\/boot)' /etc/mtab | sed -r -e
's/\/mnt\/sysimage(\/)?/\//' /etc/mtab >/mnt/sysimage/etc/mtab" and run
our Satellite registration chrooted to /mnt/sysimage.

--

   Jussi