[rhelv6-list] is there a way to use more than 16gb memory on 32bitRHEL6

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 6 15:12:45 UTC 2011

You can also install 32 bit rpms on a 64 bit system to get mutilib
compatibility. Its not done by default any longer but you can still
install all or some of the 32 bit rpms so that 32 bit programs will work.

I will need to do this when I upgrade my machines at home to RHEL 6
because I have some software that I run that can't be built as 64
bit. :( But some other software I use more gets a performace boost with a
64 bit system. So I just go with 64 bit install with as many 32 bit
packages as possible. Then I can run everything.

Cheers,

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems