[rhelv6-list] vnc how to get gnome session login?

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Thu Jan 13 00:34:58 UTC 2011

You are running your service as "nobody", and the howm dir for nobody is
"/". The VNC server process needs to write to $HOME/.vnc to start. I
used to do this a long time ago, so I don't remember for certain, but
you may need to create a /.vnc directory and make it writable by
nobody...

Or, it may be that you need to make sure /etc/vnc/xstartup is correctly
defined to start your X desktop session appropriately. Also, if it
isn't, you may need to remove (or edit) the /.vnc/xstartup file (copied
from /etc/vnc on initial start of Xvnc).

Hope that helps.

Kevin