[rhelv6-list] virt-v2v

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 04:05:12 UTC 2011

Hi all

I'm doing testing on KVM to make sure we're happy to move away from
Xen on RHEL5.  One of the things that really interests me is virt-v2v.

I've a dev xen server with all its guests on local storage.  I want to
"import" those guests onto KVM with a shared iSCSI SAN.

The problem I'm having is with the pool.  virt-v2v seems not to like
using iSCSI.

Has anyone got this working?

If I say to use the default pool, it starts to write the guest image
to /var/lib/libvirt/images/<guest name> but thats not what I want.

virt-v2v -ic xen+ssh://root@xen_server -op default --bridge br641 guest.server

Any ideas?

CC

--