[rhelv6-list] Ruby on Rails?

npanderson at ups.com npanderson at ups.com
Tue Jul 26 11:47:02 UTC 2011

Is there a packaged rubygems-rails for rhel6?

I asked this question shortly after launch (https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv6-list/2010-November/msg00047.html), and was told to be patient, as the EPEL maintainers had day jobs (which I am completely in support of).

In EPEL 6, I see some that I'm interested in:
rubygem-activesupport-2.3.8-2.el6.noarch (pointless without rails, imo)
rubygem-thin-1.2.8-4.el6.x86_64
rubygem-rspec-1.3.0-2.el6.noarch
rubygem-rack-1.1.0-2.el6.noarch

In rhel6-extras, I see
rubygems-1.3.7-1.el6.noarch.rpm
rubygem-rake-0.8.7-2.1.el6.noarch.rpm

But nowhere do I see rails.  I am trying to put together a RoR stack on RHEL6, and figuring out which pieces I'll have to manually install from rubygems, and which ones I have available via yum.  Is there a rubygem2rpm tool to easily create an rpm from a .gem file?

--
Nathan Anderson
502-359-3214