[rhelv6-list] [rhelv5-list] Oracle Buys KSpilce

Marco Shaw marco.shaw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:20:56 UTC 2011

So, I guess the question comes to mind is that with the current kernel
architecture are "no reboots required" a good thing?  Maybe this is a
patent thing, but I don't see such tech in the mainstream kernel
either, so does it have negatives that aren't worth the risk for a
vendor to support?

After a quick search, I can't seem to find whether Linus Torvalds ever
commented on the "Ksplice technology".