Re: [rhelv6-list] No Redhat network this AM?

Also, I don't like this single point of failure.  If we come in to do
maintenance, and
the update service is offline, there are no alternative mirrors I am aware of.

--Donald

In the past, we would do a "yum --downloadonly -y update" before a planned maintenance window so that all of the packages would be local to the box that needed to be patched. You have to have the yum-plugin-downloadonly package installed for that to work.

Another alternative is to buy the Satellite service and then you have a local version of RHN.

Hugh