[rhelv6-list] No Redhat network this AM?

Hugh Brown hbrown at divms.uiowa.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:29:29 UTC 2011

> Also, I don't like this single point of failure.  If we come in to do
> maintenance, and
> the update service is offline, there are no alternative mirrors I am aware of.
>
> --Donald

In the past, we would do a "yum --downloadonly -y update" before a
planned maintenance window so that all of the packages would be local to
the box that needed to be patched.  You have to have the
yum-plugin-downloadonly package installed for that to work.

Another alternative is to buy the Satellite service and then you have a
local version of RHN.

Hugh