Re: [rhelv6-list] kickstarting rhel6 from usb key

Hi Greg,

I believe /dev/disk/by-label is available, and I looked into using that, but still, if the usb key becomes /dev/sda, then this will effect installation of bootloader, etc. hard to work around.
Does red hat not support installation via usb key?
I'm not using multipath so I don't have /dev/disk/by-scsi-id..
In this particular case, the system has a 3ware 9750-8e card (which is referred to first in bios)..

I wish there was some way to force the usb device as being sdb.

jas.

Greg Swift wrote:
in the stage2 environment check to see if /dev/disk/by-label is
available.  If it is, and you know or can change the label of your usb
device, you should be able to reference this.

I know that in the multipath bits they are trying to push more heavily
into using the /dev/disk/by-scsi-id/ for disk handling in rhel 6
anaconda.

-greg