Re: [rhelv6-list] Parallel Port Support

Lamar Owen wrote:
On Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:21:05 AM Chris Adams wrote:
To be specific: they dropped line-printer support.  The parallel port
hardware drivers are still included (for uses other than line printer
mode).

Which strikes me as being a wrong decision; I would have to wonder why, and if the reasons are documented somewhere.  Parallel printers aren't as common as they used to be, but I know I have a bunch left that are real workhorses.

Agreed... a quick search of the 6.0 Release Notes and Technical Notes didn't turn up anything either. Anyone have a reference?

-Greg