[rhelv6-list] Enabling auto-login in RHEL6

I use my my big home system as a combination workstation-server. After
replacing RHEL56 with RHEL61 yesterday, I found I could not enable
auto-login with the Configuration Editor GUI. I fully understand how
auto-login would not be appropriate in many environments. If yours is
essentially a single user system and you don't have to worry about
anyone else accessing your local console, here's how to enable it:

Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf to add the following two lines in the [daemon]
section:

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=desired_username