[rhelv6-list] mailx using real uid instead of effective uid

Has anyone figured out a way to get mailx in RHEL6 to use the effective uid instead of the real
uid (other than modifying the scripts that are being run via sudo to include the "-r root"
parameter on the mailx command)?

In previous versions of RHEL (RHEL 5.6 for example), using sudo to run a script (as root) which
internally sends mail would properly mark the mail as coming from root, in RHEL6, the mail is
being sent as coming from the account which ran sudo instead of from root.

I haven't found any settings in /etc/mail.rc that are making this change, so I assume it is
either something new in mailx, sudo, bash, or the kernel in RHEL6.

Thanks,