[rhelv6-list] RHEL6 kernel 2.6.32-71.14.1.el6.x86_64 panic...

John Haxby john.haxby at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:12:34 UTC 2011

On 4 March 2011 20:28, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> This
> change just makes it more difficult for others that want to cherry-pick
> patches from RHEL kernels and apply them to their own (which AFAIK
> Oracle is the only major group doing that).

Minor correction:  Oracle doesn't cherry pick patches from Red Hat.   In
fact, Oracle provides patches to Red Hat which Red Hat may, or may not,
choose to apply to RHEL (this makes Oracle's release a strict superset of
the Red Hat release).   If you hunt through bugzilla you'll find quite a few
Oracle contributed patches, and most likely, quite a few CentOS contributed
patches.

I work for Oracle, but, of course, I don't speak for Oracle.

jch