[rhelv6-list] Pam config and ssh access

Collins, Kevin [BEELINE] KCollins at chevron.com
Tue Mar 8 16:59:12 UTC 2011

I don't know the exact reasoning, but RHEL6 seems to have introduced another "include" file. If you compare the entries between RHEL5 and RHEL6 you see:

RHEL6.0:

auth       include      password-auth
account    include      password-auth
password   include      password-auth
session    include      password-auth

RHEL5.5:

auth       include      system-auth
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
session    include      system-auth

The content of password-auth is very similar to system-auth...

Hope that helps!

Kevin