[rhelv6-list] GFS2 File System maximum size

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed Mar 9 17:55:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 12:01:29PM -0500, Musayev, Ilya wrote:

> At first your popularity went up real high as I read about gpfs - great concept, scalable, fast and powerful. But then I looked at pricing and cost - this is where your popularity rating took a huge dip :).

Luckily I don't have to deal with licensing. It seems to be a
confusing and ever changing field of competence ;-)

> I've yet to see the real numbers, but I find it questionable that
> it's going to be free or reasonably priced.

I have no idea what GPFS cost, but would expect (hope?) it would be
similarly priced as the other cluster-fs'. When you have 250TB in a
clusterfs, I definitely wouldn't want a free/unsupported option
(assuming these 250TBs has some value to you).

  -jf