[rhelv6-list] firefox 4?

Leinweber, James jiml at mail.slh.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 30 20:39:48 UTC 2011

> Hey, just curious. Does Red Hat have any plans to make firefox 4 the
> default browser in RHEL 5 or RHEL 6? ...

Based on previous behavior, I speculate that Redhat will continue to
ship 3.6 series Firefox until Mozilla stops supporting it, then
migrate to whatever's current.  If you want 4 in 2011, plan on
doing it yourself.  (Presumably you'd make the upstream tarball
into an RPM and distribute it from a local repository.)

E.g. 6.1 beta has firefox 3.6.15

-- Jim Leinweber
State Laboratory of Hygiene, University of Wisconsin - Madison
<jiml at slh.wisc.edu> 2810 Walton Commons West; phone +1 608 221 6281
PGP fp: D573 AF7D F484 EE2A F0B6  B7DB A870 7518 F87D A0D1