[rhelv6-list] RHEL6 - Store for Red Hat

Paweł Tarkowski p.tarkowski at interia.eu
Sun May 8 19:59:36 UTC 2011

Hello,

Does the Red Hat thought about creating something like "Red Hat Store"
for RHEL 6, where outside company can put one's own software (also
closed) compatible with RHEL 6? That system can be integrated with Red
Hat Network or Red
Hat Customer Portal. It can help work with RHEL 6. Shops like (App
Store) are very popular now. I am sure that store can make additional
profit for Red Hat and partners.

Advantages:
- easy licenses management (Bought software is automatic visible in RHN,
easy installation/update later),
- additional promotion for Red Hat partners,
- easy shopping for clients,
- growing confidence to Red Hat

Defect:
- RHEL is a server Linux (that store is more for Desktop)

Maybe it is a good idea?

If you have any questions I can explain my arguments.

Best regards,
Paul Tarkowski