[rhelv6-list] RHEL6 x86 on system with 4 GB memory

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Tue May 10 19:20:08 UTC 2011

Had exactly the same issue on Dell Desktop ~4 years ago (dont recall the specifics).

I upgraded the BIOS, but still it was the limitation of the BIOS to present the 4GBs to OS. After loading up PAE kernel running Fedora 6 with some tweaks, i was able to get more memory from the box. Initially i had 3.3 and it went to 3.7GB.

Long story short, it was vendor/model specific issue for me and not so much kernel/OS.