[rhelv6-list] 'kvm' or 'qemu-kvm' package?

Darren Patterson darren.patterson at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 9 00:47:16 UTC 2011

I had a user ask me about installing KVM on RHEL6.  The instructions* state to install package 'kvm', but I'm only seeing package 'qemu-kvm' in RHN.  Entitlements are set to Virtualization.   I don't have a test box for this to verify at the moment (except for VMware VMs), so that makes this different.  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

-darren

* http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/sect-Virtualization-Installing_the_virtualization_packages-Installing_KVM_packages_on_an_existing_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_system.html