Re: [rhelv6-list] how to remove 'shot down' from system menu?

You are right. On XDMCP sessions the shut down option does not even show.
Only on main concole sessions, which is where I am working during installation and configuration of the new server.

But stillthe shut down option is a problem, because in normal operation also staff workers, not sysadmins, sit occasionally on the main console (which is just a screen with a long cable from the server room), so I even do not want the shut down menu there.

It should really be an option to disable shut down menu.
And yes, I have tried it as normal user on the main console: it does shut down the machine, without asking for the root password