[rhelv6-list] good graphical debugger to replace kdbg

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Mon Oct 24 18:56:18 UTC 2011

Hello,

Recently we upgraded all our labs to RHEL 6. An instructor for a Computer
systems programming course (Teaching in C) says he would like to have a
GUI-based debugger available for his class. He had been telling everyone
to use kdbg. But that was removed from RHEL 6.

I added back in a kdbg built from fedora 13 sources for now. Does anyone
knopw what the recommended GUI debugger is in RHEL 6? He wanted to know
to start suggesting that his students use that one instead moving
forward.

Are most people using ddd? I noticed its in epel.

Thanks a lot,

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
27695-7901        | Phone: (919) 513-4572 (5C Page Hall)