[rhelv6-list] You suggestion for 'big' filesystem management Best Practice?

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Fri Oct 28 17:03:36 UTC 2011

I'm probably going to get massacred for proposing this, but there is native support for ZFS on linux (not fuse).

I've tried it in small implementation on RHEL6 and Fedora 14.

ZFS does block level CRC and minimizes any chance of corruption. Block level dedup, snapshots, SSD for caching, etc.. if you had netapp appliances, this is as close as it gets in the free world.

If you can, do a bake off between the two. Crash them both while having high load and lots of data and see what happens.