[rhelv6-list] Tool to automate creation of install CDs.

Musayev, Ilya imusayev at webmd.net
Tue Sep 13 15:36:52 UTC 2011

A bit late on the response, but I've done exactly what you ask.

I create a utility iso (aka hotoven) that we use for burn-in testing of not so well made HP hardware.

I've used this guide
https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/CreateImage

The part that defines kickstart - which uses YUM, add you RPMs into a repo and re-run createrepo. Then create ISO image.

Alternative, if you don't want to mock with RPMs, create a base image (smallest I had was about 350MB), mount the iso, unsquash the root image copy you files, re-squash and recreate iso. (I can include the commands if needed.)

Your pxe kickstart default label should look something like this

label hotoven
        KERNEL hotoven-vmlinuz0
        APPEND initrd=../hotoveninitrd.img root=../new-Ilya-Hotoven.iso rootfstype=iso9660 rootflags=loop

Good luck
-ilya