[rhelv6-list] Intermittent Mozilla NSS/LDAP client failures in PHP

Rich Graves rgraves at carleton.edu
Fri Sep 9 17:42:21 UTC 2011

> What do you have your openldap server's idletimeout set to in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf?

1000 seconds (17 minutes).

Not being reached. I have loglevel=264, so I'd get multiple log entries in that case.

> How about the setting on your client server for idle_timelimit in /etc/ldap.conf?

Wrong file; that's just for pam/nss_ldap. IDLE_TIMELIMIT is 15 seconds in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf. Also not being reached.

The connection gets a FIN from the client *immediately* after the TCP 3-way handshake, with client-side log entry "TLS: error: could not initialize moznss security context - error -5925:The one-time function was previously called and failed. Its error code is no longer available."

So this is PR_CALL_ONCE_ERROR from http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/dxr/source.cgi/mozilla/nsprpub/pr/src/misc/prinit.c#166

Why would I be getting that?