[rhelv6-list] Resize a crypted partion?

solarflow99 solarflow99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:14:54 UTC 2011

the short answer is probably.  Are you sure you are using luks encryption?
because the output you show doesn't use those /dev/mapper device names.
Since you don't seem to be using LVM then it will take a partition resizing
tool, the procedure is to use the cryptsetup command to stop the encryption,
then do the resize operation, then turn encryption back on, so unless you
know exactly what you're doing there is little room for error, and having
backups very important.  Are you sure you can't just use windows in a VM
instead?