[rhelv6-list] Red Hat 6.2 update woes

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Mon Apr 2 15:34:15 UTC 2012

> I saw a mention of  kmod-aacraid-1.1.7-3.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm  over
> on Dag's http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el6/x86_64/RPMS/ that sounded
> really tempting to install, but I don't know if it would blow up my
> working original kernel or not.
> Until I am confident of a direction, I'd kind of like to keep this
> kernel working so I can continue to try this and that.

To install RHEL, you'd need a driver disk for the Adaptec card. ELRepo (Phil
Schaffner) provides one for the the 6000 series here:

http://www.elrepo.org/people/pschaff/dud/

as DUP_el6_i686_20111230.iso.gz (32-bit) and DUP_el6_x86_64_20111230.iso.gz
(64-bit). More details can be found
here:

http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=206

Will be great if you can test it.

Akemi
I downloaded this iso.gz and found it had the kmod-aacraid-1.1.7-1. rpm, but
interestingly it had a different number of bytes than the same named rpm
from elrepo.org. There is no clear indication, but I currently presume that
the 7-3 rpm is newer thanthe 7-1 one and hopefully this makes is a better
choice.
Bill