[rhelv6-list] Red Hat 6.2 update woes

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 4 14:32:19 UTC 2012

Bill Watson wrote on 04/03/2012 11:33 AM:
> I do not see how this update disk would, could, or should work any different
> than the elrepo rpm. Without a doubt the 7-1 version when loaded onto a usb
> stick does not handle a RHEL 6.0 or 6.2 bare metal install.
>
> If you / yall want to write a test procedure that you wish me to follow, I'd
> be happy to help.

The driver disk should support a bare-metal install, and I believe it
should not require the pre and post scripts and other magic you used to
get the driver to work.  It should result in an installed system with
the kmod driver already loaded.  The test procedure is simply to do an
install using the driver disk.

Your replies would be easier to follow if your mail client did proper
quoting.

Phil