[rhelv6-list] chkfontpath missing

Mark Montague markmont at umich.edu
Mon Apr 2 14:35:00 UTC 2012

On April 2, 2012 9:58 , Michael Coffman <michael.coffman at avagotech.com>
wrote:
> chkfontpath is missing from rhel6.    Is there a replacement command
> on 6 for this functionality?

Yes, create a symlink in /etc/X11/fontpath.d

For an explanation of why chkfontpath and xfs have gone away, plus what
people should do instead, see

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureNoMoreXFS

> xfs also appears to be missing.  any replacement/alternative?

It "should not" be necessary, according to what I understand from what I
have read.  If you have a very special situation and need to run it, you
could try back-porting
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/xorg-x11-xfs   There are
also third-party repositories that offer xfs packages for RHEL6, but how
trustworthy they are I don't know.

--
   Mark Montague
   LSA Research Systems Group