[rhelv6-list] Red Hat 6.2 update woes

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:10:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Bill Watson <bill at magicdigits.com> wrote:

> Also I have found that the Adaptec 6805 RAID SAS/SATA card is tough to
> install. I did find a path where installing RHEL 6.0 does work. I have found
> no path to install 6.2 directly. For quite a while I have found Adaptec to
> be basically native to Red Hat, but this card is hostile to install.  As far
> as that goes, I got RHEL 5.5 working, but not 5.8 for installation.
>
> I saw a mention of  kmod-aacraid-1.1.7-3.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm  over on
> Dag's http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el6/x86_64/RPMS/ that sounded really
> tempting to install, but I don't know if it would blow up my working
> original kernel or not.
> Until I am confident of a direction, I'd kind of like to keep this kernel
> working so I can continue to try this and that.

To install RHEL, you'd need a driver disk for the Adaptec card. ELRepo
(Phil Schaffner) provides one for the the 6000 series here:

http://www.elrepo.org/people/pschaff/dud/

as DUP_el6_i686_20111230.iso.gz (32-bit) and
DUP_el6_x86_64_20111230.iso.gz (64-bit). More details can be found
here:

http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=206

Will be great if you can test it.

Akemi