[rhelv6-list] Red Hat 6.2 update woes

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Tue Apr 3 01:34:57 UTC 2012

Akemi Yagi wrote on 04/02/2012 12:16 PM:
> I'm sure Phil (ELRepo) will update the driver disk file with the
> latest aacraid driver. I think the file name should contain the driver
> version rather than (or in addition to) the date. :)
New ISO images have been built and uploaded:
DUP_el6_i686_20120402.iso.gz
DUP_el6_x86_64_20120402.iso.gz
The images contain other drivers in addition to aacraid, so labeling with a
single version would be misleading.
Phil
------------------------------------
[:solved:] It works, it works!!!

I already used the 7-3 version from elrepo.org when I saw your email.

I have documented my path to success at the following web link:
http://www.magicdigits.com/adaptec/howto.txt    (2.6k)
also that folder has the initial installation floppy image as well as the
post installation rpm that appear both to be needed for this controller to
work. What is documented encompases what I've read on many sites to create a
soup to nuts installation guideline. I have not seen any single site with
everything it takes for success, which compelled me to make this one (my
first of its kind).

Of course, now that this is documented, tomorrow Red Hat will come out with
these drivers native in the kernel. =)~

The reason using this card was important to me is that it is one of the few
hybrid RAID controllers where I was able to mirror a 128mb (SLC) ssd to a
2tb sata, then mirror another pair, and then mirror the remaining balance of
the 2tb disks to each other. My world fits on 128mb with room to spare, so
this makes a hyper-high speed system with lots of long term online storage.

Thanks to all who blazed their portion of this path for me to use as my
pallette.
Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com