[rhelv6-list] startup time virt-manager

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Tue Apr 3 23:45:43 UTC 2012

Hi Phil,
If that was the case, ssh wouldn't allow passwordless root login and it would complain... I can ssh fine and there is no delay. Any other ideas how I might debug?

Both hosts have 4 IPs and they all reverse lookup fine.

Thanks..

Jas
Sent from Samsung Mobile

Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com> wrote:

On 04/03/2012 10:31 AM, Jason Keltz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm wondering what I should expect the delay to be when starting
> virt-manager connecting to two hosts like this:
>
> host1 # virt-manager -c qemu+ssh://virt1/system -c
> qemu+ssh://virt2/system
>
> There is 1 VM running on each of virt1 and virt2.
>
> The delay is approximately 20 seconds in total.  It is more than I
> suspect it
> should take, but I don't see any errors, it seems to connect, and
> everything seems
> to be speedy afterwards.
>
> If this isn't normal, any idea on how to debug the delay?  I've tried
> running
> virt-manager with the --debug option, but it  doesn't generate any
> output during
> the connection...

Reverse DNS lookup error?

That amount of time is typical of that.