[rhelv6-list] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 Beta Announcement

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 03:32:09 UTC 2012

On 04/24/2012 09:48 AM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Santiago) discussion
mailing-list wrote:
> Virtualization
> --------------
> * A new tool called Virt-P2V that facilitates the conversion of physical
> Windows or Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems into virtual images to be
> deployed as KVM guests inside Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Red Hat
> Enterprise Virtualization.
> * Stronger compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
> (PCI-DSS) standards, including the ability to perform secure wipes of
> virtual machine disks.
> * The ability to perform live volume resizing, improving overall
> availability of virtualized guests.

Is proper USB 2.0 support in libvirt coming soon?  I've got a project
that's on hold until this support finds its way into libvirt.  I realize
this is not specific to RHEL (upstream as it were), but the RHEL release
docs said back when 6.0 came out that USB 2.0 support was in the pipeline.