[rhelv6-list] dhclient running TWICE during boot (RHEL 6.2)

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Mon Apr 30 12:47:33 UTC 2012

Thanks for the response!

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 12:00 +0000, Brian Long (brilong) wrote:
> Are you sure "chkconfig network off" has been run so NetworkManager
> owns the network configuration?  It almost sounds like both "network"
> and "NetworkManager" are chkconfig'd on.

Definitely the "network" service is still enabled.  I didn't disable it
and apparently nothing else did either.  Is that something I need to
know to do by hand?  I've never heard of that before.

It seems very strange to me that you'd have to disable the standard
network service in order to use NetworkManager (or disable NM to use the
standard network service).  What if I wanted some of my interfaces to be
managed with NM and others not?