[rhelv6-list] dhclient running TWICE during boot (RHEL 6.2)

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Mon Apr 30 13:02:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 13:56 +0100, Ben wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Paul Smith wrote:
> > It seems very strange to me that you'd have to disable the standard
> > network service in order to use NetworkManager (or disable NM to use the
> > standard network service).  What if I wanted some of my interfaces to be
> > managed with NM and others not?
>
> Isn't that what
>     NM_CONTROLLED="no"
> is for in ifcfg-ethN?

Well I can't find that flag described in the RHEL documentation, but
even so the suggestion was to disable the "network" service.  If I
disable "network", and I set "NM_CONTROLLED=no", then what will handle
that interface?  That's what I'm trying to say: I don't think that
completely disabling "network" is the right way to solve this problem.