[rhelv6-list] LVM question about filter option in lvm.conf file and persistent disk name format

Leinweber, James jim.leinweber at slh.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 23 16:13:28 UTC 2012

> Does anyone know if I can use the disk name /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-xxxx
> format on the FILTER option of lvm.conf file instead of /dev/sdX?

Sure.  For example I have a system with:
   filter = [ "a,^/dev/sda,", "a,^/dev/mapper/fc,", "r/.*/" ]

It's doing regular expression pattern matches, and doesn't care
about the semantics of the underlying files until much later.

-- Jim Leinweber
State Laboratory of Hygiene, University of Wisconsin - Madison
<jim.leinweber at slh.wisc.edu>       phone +1 608 221 6281
PGP fp: D573 AF7D F484 EE2A F0B6  B7DB A870 7518 F87D A0D1