[rhelv6-list] FreeTDS

Mark Montague markmont at umich.edu
Thu Aug 23 17:36:07 UTC 2012

On August 23, 2012 12:17 , "Tilsley, Jerry M." <jmtilsley at st-claire.org>
wrote:
> All I have built a new box, added the repository stated below and followed the configuration examples below but I am still receiving the same error as:
>
> tsql -S 10.1.212.106 -U<username>
> Password:
> locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
> locale charset is "UTF-8"
> using default charset "UTF-8"
> Error 20002 (severity 9):
>          Adaptive Server connection failed
> There was a problem connecting to the server
>
> There is no more detail than this.  Isql and osql fail as well.  Any ideas?

Check /etc/freetds.conf, /etc/odbcinst.ini, and /etc/odbc.ini very
carefully for errors.  If you're not sure you have everything exactly
right, experiment a little.

Are you using the correct TDS version for your server?  Try other
versions, both lower and higher (e.g., by setting the TDSVER environment
variable).

Do the logs on the database server shed any light on the problem?

Configure FreeTDS logging on your RHEL6 client, and see if any useful
clues appear in the logs.  http://www.freetds.org/userguide/logging.htm

--
   Mark Montague
   LSA Research Systems Group