[rhelv6-list] Two NICs and two default routes by default

Marco Shaw marco.shaw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:36:23 UTC 2012

RHEL6.3

In the past, I seem to remember that if one added a gateway IP to a system
with 2 NICs, then one would end up with 2 default routes.  One default
route being added for both NICs (even though this could cause lots of
problems).

Am I remembering this properly?

I'm testing something out, and now don't see that behaviour in 6.3.  Now,
I'm seeing only one single default route being added for eth0, which likely
gets started first.

Is anyone aware of any checks being added to block multiple default routes
(the destination being "0.0.0.0")?

Marco