[rhelv6-list] How to mount a snapshot of a clustered VG on a third node?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:53:38 UTC 2012

Hello,
I have a cluster of two nodes with CLVMD.
I take a snapshot of a clustered VG with Netapp functionality.
When a third node (standalone and not part of the original cluster)
tries to connect to the snapshot and import the VG to make a backup,
it complains about

Skipping clustered volume group VG_....

what would be the correct steps/commands to have this volume usable by
this third node?

I'm going to check with Netapp too, but in the mean time I posted here
to see if anyone already had to manage this kind of scenario
eventually based on other storage array snapshots...

Thanks in advance
Gianluca