[rhelv6-list] Trying to find utilities to manage a Dell Perc 5i (not integrated) from RHEL6

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sun Dec 23 17:12:32 UTC 2012

Howdy All -

A buddy of mine gave me a Perc 5i card with SAS to SATA adapter cables.

I slapped it in my whitebox machine, and it works great. RHEL 6 sees it
just fine, I built a RAID 5 array with it, the OS installed, life is good.

I am having a heck of a time finding firmware and management tools for
it, though. Dell's web site is just *awful* - I've tried under the
PowerEdge 2950 and all it gives me is PERC 6 or PERC 5i *integrated* utils.

Can anyone educate me on the search-fu I need to find the firmware and
management tools for this card?

Thanks!
Thomas