[rhelv6-list] Trying to find utilities to manage a Dell Perc 5i (not integrated) from RHEL6

Grzegorz Witkowski geslinux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:07:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

The naming may be confusing if you are new to any vendor hardware really.
If that would be a Dell server, OpenManage Server Administrator is a great
tool for system and storage management. You could also try MegaCLI from
LSI, however it's not officially supported by Dell and some functions may
not work as expected.
You can do most of what's needed from PERC BIOS though (ctrl + R during
POST). And if you have a HDD failure you would see it from LCD and HDD LEDs.

Regards,
Grzegorz Witkowski
|  sent from Linux  |