[rhelv6-list] selinux question

solarflow99 solarflow99 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 04:36:25 UTC 2012

I noticed I can't see to list any booleans because some files are missing:

# semanage boolean -l
libsemanage.semanage_read_policydb: Could not open kernel policy
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/policy.kern for reading. (No such
file or directory).
/usr/sbin/semanage: Could not test MLS enabled status

and when I check, the files are in fact missing:

# ls -l /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/
total 12
drwx------. 3 root root 4096 Oct 23 17:19 ./
drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root 4096 Oct 23 17:19 ../
drwx------. 2 root root 4096 Oct 23 17:19 modules/

# ls -l /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules/
total 8
drwx------. 2 root root 4096 Oct 23 17:19 ./
drwx------. 3 root root 4096 Oct 23 17:19 ../

Anyone have an idea how this can be fixed?

I'm using enforcing mode:

# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   enforcing
Mode from config file:          enforcing
Policy version:                 24
Policy from config file:        targeted

Thanks!