[rhelv6-list] App install in RHEL6 KVM physical host

thomas at redhat.com thomas at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 14:20:24 UTC 2012

So, you want to install a high-impact application on the OS running on
bare metal, and then run some lighter weight apps within virtual
machines on the same hardware? That is easily done, but can be a bit
cumbersome.

It might be less complex to just run all your apps on one physical
machine and use control groups to limit the lower impact apps than to
bring up multiple OS instances.

Thomas