[rhelv6-list] invalid sender domain - postfix configuration question

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Feb 24 12:58:55 UTC 2012

Am 23.02.12 23:21, schrieb Alexander Dalloz:
> Am 23.02.2012 12:58, schrieb Götz Reinicke:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we do have a primary sendmail (rh el 5.x) server and some other new rh
>> el 6.x servres which use that sendmail system as relay.
>>
>> I'm new to postfix and did not find the solution for the problem, that
>> it seam that the mails send from the postfix systems are still nos some
>> sort of masked by the mail.filmakademie.de sender address.
>>
>> For all mail originating from the postfix servers (relaied by teh
>> sendmail server) the receiving servers complain about 'Deferred: 421
>> invalid sender domain' ... (misconfigured dns?)
>>
>> Can someone point me to the right config option?
>>
>> 	Thanks and best regards . Götz
>
> Unfortunately you do not provide any configuration information nor
> precise log content.
>
> I suspect the Sendmail relay does not have the domain name used by the
> Postfix hosts as MASQUERADE_DOMAIN; see class {M} output:
>
> echo '$=M' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your comment. The output from that echo command is empty. And
in my sendmail configuration there are no MASQUERADE* options set at all.

My 'problem' is, if configured our sendmail mail environment some long
time ago and everything worked for our setup. Adding the postfix new
servers made/require some changes.

So my mailserver relaying knowledge got a little bit rusty ...

Basically I use the default configurations provided by redhat.

So may be you could give me some mor advises?

	Thanks a log and best regards Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: