[rhelv6-list] KVM issues post RHEL6-1->6.2 update

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:56:18 UTC 2012

Some additional notes:
If I freeze the vm related cluster service and on source 6.2 host I
manually run the virsh command that took place in 6.1 successfully, it
fails (as expected). This let me keep away considering the different
release versions of cluster related components between 6.1 and 6.2 (I
think...)

# virsh migrate --live dacsmaster qemu+ssh://intrarhev2/system tcp:intrarhev2
error: internal error missing hostuuid element in migration data

It seems I'm able to connect through virsh from rhev1 (6.2) to rhev2
(6.1) as I can run

rhev1 prompt--  # virsh
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh # connect qemu+ssh://intrarhev2/system

virsh # list

and this command shows me the domains currently running on rhev2 as expected

So I presume there is something related to migration itself and
possibly different needed parameters in 6.2 shipped version of libvirt
(0.9.4 vs 0.8.7)