[rhelv6-list] Stale NFS file handle

Cale Fairchild cfairchild at brocku.ca
Fri Jan 27 15:29:48 UTC 2012

I have been having issues with NFS file handles since upgrading to 6.2
and was wondering if anyone else has noticed strange behaviour? I have
searched Bugzilla and nothing came up so I turn to the list.

It seems to have started after installing nfs-utils-1.2.3-15.el6 (from
6.2 upgrade) running on both kernel-2.6.32-220.2.1.el6 and
kernel-2.6.32-220.4.1.el6. When the server reboots, all the connected
NFS clients seem to have stale NFS handles afterwards. Some clients even
report a stale NFS handle after they themselves have been restarted.
I do not believe that any of the NFS nor firewall configurations have
changed since I last restarted with the 6.1 kernel with no issues.

Since this is not a test server (and I do not have one running 6.2 yet)
I wanted to throw the query at the list to see if others have seen this
behaviour before opening a bugzilla report, as I will not be able to
provide much testing or debugging on it right now.

Thanks for any feedback that anyone can give (even feedback saying that
your NFS is working just fine since the upgrade, then I can start
looking deeper into my configurations).

--
   Cale Fairchild
   Systems Administrator

   cfairchild at brocku.ca

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments,
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail
and immediately delete this message and its contents. Thank you.