[rhelv6-list] Restricting bugzillas

Tim mlist at lubrical.net
Thu Jan 12 23:55:07 UTC 2012

> Once upon a time, William Warren
> <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> said:
>> RedHat used to leave its bugzilla mostly open.  I am seeing more and
>> more closed bugzilla entries even to registered accounts.  Is this part
>> of trying to hide things from oracle?
>
> I think it is more that they actually use BZ more for customer-related
> stuff than they used to, and a bug has customer-related information, it
> will be private.
> --
> Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>
> Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
> I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.

I'm with Chris on this one. I don't think RedHat are making BZ entries
private to hide bugs from "competitors". I suspect it's because most of
the bugs are logged by customers and contain private customer data that
the customer would prefer not to be made public.

In an ideal word RedHat would make a new public bug with just the
description and no customer data but suspect that that would be
impractical.

If you really want to know about a bug; call your TAM or log a support
case. I'm sure will give provide the details you require.

--
Tim