[rhelv6-list] mgetty configuration

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Tue Jul 10 20:09:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Gosselin, Mark
<Mark.Gosselin at netscout.com>wrote:

>  ** **
>
> Having trouble with configuration of mgetty under RHEL6.2. /etc/inittab
> entries don’t work any more…****
>
> ** **
>
> Does anyone have “how to” that will walk me through it?? I’m trying to run
> an mgetty to listen on ttyS0.

Take a look at /etc/init/serial.conf, it will give you all that you need to
know.  If you've got GRUB's kernel line set to use ttyS0 as the console,
it'll automatically create an agetty on that serial device automatically.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support